[TYPO3] Special localization need

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Jun 24 07:00:23 CEST 2008

Hello,

>> Question as summary
>> -------------------
>>
>> How can I change the master language for part of my website?
>>

>> Full description of the problem
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> The website I design is kind of a multi-domain site where multiple
>> editors will edit page only for their "domain" (editor A will edit
>> http://domain.tld/domainA pages, editor B will edit
>> http://domain.tld/domainB pages, and so on).
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> The problem I'm facing is to know whether it is possible to setup a
>> "default" or master language that is domain-dependant. For instance
>> domain A might be "French-based" while domain-B is "German-based". With
>> TYPO3 and its localization mechanism, AFAIK, you need to first type text
>> in the master language before being able to translate it.
>>
>> [snip]
>
> you may use the content in 'default'-language in any language you want.
> important is the definition of default-language in your typoscript-
> template. This may vary from domain/ tree to domain/ tree
>
> if you want to translate, you have to insert those languages in the root-
> page. if you want to use these languages you also have to insert them in
> your typoscript-templates.
>
> example:
>
> #default-Konfiguration
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = en
> config.locale_all = en_EN
> config.htmlTag_langKey = en
>
> [globalVar = GP:L = 0]
> # Configuration if &L=0
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = en
> config.locale_all = en_EN
> config.htmlTag_langKey = en
> [global]
>
> [globalVar = GP:L = 1]
> # Configuration if &L=1
> config.sys_language_uid = 1
> config.language = de
> config.locale_all = de_DE
> config.htmlTag_langKey = de
> [global]

Thanks bernd.

An extract from my realurl_conf.php file looks like this:

         'preVars' => array(
                 , array(
                         'GETvar'   => 'L',
                         'valueMap' => array(
                                 'de' => '1',
                                 'fr' => '2',
                                 'it' => '3',
                         ),
                         'noMatch' => 'bypass',
                 ),
         ),

This means that I should in fact define English as L=0 and this will
lead to having url of the form

http://mydomain.tld/some/page in default language whatever it is
http://mydomain.tld/en/some/page in English
http://mydomain.tld/fr/some/page in French

and pages will be indexed twice, once for the "default" language and one
when it is well defined. This is OK but I think I would prefer telling
RealURL to always redirect to the default language and get the default
language prepended to the URL whenever I access my website without a
language parameter. I do not know whether it is possible?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en