[TYPO3] Indexing and standard search not working

luca mingusthecat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:01:01 CEST 2008

Hallo
I have TYPO3 4.1.7 running in a local windows test environment.
I have installed Indexed Search Engine and a search box.
I left the default setting...
altough everything seems working fine (for other extensions...) indexing
doesn't seem to work and search do produce any output.
Before to get to this point I have installed macina_search extension and
removed...I wonder if that created this problem...

How can I debug it and have the search box working?

Thank you