[TYPO3] How can I define a max width for inserted content?

Christopher Christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Sun Jun 22 21:22:17 CEST 2008

Hi Virgil,

"virgil huston" <virgil.huston at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.9239.1214157122.4573.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Christopher,
> Have you tried doing the table in html and putting it in the RTE with the
> <>
> html view enabled? Or, you could make it an html content element. Anything
> pasted directly into the RTE from Word come out badly in my experience.

I have taken it from Word and pasted it in the RTE.
I know that there is a table-content-element, but my users use Word and
don't want to enter everything again.
The RTE is the right (and only) choise for them.

There is the possibility to remove some format in the RTE, e.g. "Format from
MS Word".
Doing so I get a table which fits in the width I have available.
Is there a way that makes the RTE apply this option automatically?
(So that the user does not have to click and and if he forgot -happens all
the time- the page looks ugly...)

Christopher