[TYPO3] How can I define a max width for inserted content?

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 19:51:49 CEST 2008

Christopher,
Have you tried doing the table in html and putting it in the RTE with the <>
html view enabled? Or, you could make it an html content element. Anything
pasted directly into the RTE from Word come out badly in my experience.

Cheers,
Virgil

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi>
wrote:

> Christopher kirjoitti:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have inserted a table from Microsoft Word in the RTE-window.
> > The table it is to broad for my frontend.
> > For pictures I know that there is a possibility to enter the maxWidth of
> > block; is there something similar for tables?
> >
> > Or any other possiblity to give them a binding maximum width?
> >

> Table is a html element and it depends on browsers, how they handle CSS
> and html.
> Even if there would be possible to set some TS to set style attribute,
> that could work because it would be *impossible* to calculate, how wide
> the final table would be.

Regards,
Virgil Huston
Kudzu Media