[TYPO3] Japanese Language Support

typo3 at gcnpublishing.com typo3 at gcnpublishing.com
Wed Jun 18 15:57:30 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm working on the front end localization of my english page to Japanese.
I installed the japanese language pack. and confiugred it to support
japanese language. Added Japanese as another website language created an
alternate page language and then configured the typo3 setup so that it can
display japanese.

i am doing this in typo3 setup

plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.jp.password =
パスワード:

this now replaces the value of the label names password when the language
value L=1 i.e, japanese. My problem is that i can convert all the labels
but how do i convert the values that are inside a dropdown selector box.
say if i have a country dropdown to choose from then how do i change the
value of list of countries in japanese?? Please advise need help ASAP.

Thanks!!!!

Sundeep