[TYPO3] Static Template inclusion... what am I missing?

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 08:35:41 CEST 2008

Hi Static Template experts!

I'm writing an extension, and have just figuired out what Static
Templates are all about, and what a good idea they are. However, for
some reason, I can't get it to work.

In my EXT:pi1/static/ folder, I have "setup.txt" which contains the
following:

plugin.tx_myplugin_pi1 = USER
plugin.tx_myplugin_pi1 {
	userFunc = tx_myplugin_pi1->main
}

And I have added the following line to ext_tables.php:

t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY,'pi1/static/','My Plugin Setup');

So I go to my rootlevel template and sure enough, the static template is
listed, and I add it and save. Then I clear the page cache and check the
front end... Nothing. The plugin doesn't show up on the page.

If I take the contents of setup.txt and cut/paste it into my rootlevel
template setup field, it works.

So what is it I'm missing? I've trawled through the code of a bunch of
other extensions and read the docs, and as far as I can see I'm doing it
correctly. Which is most puzzling...

Thanks!

//Plankmeister