[TYPO3] CSS formatting for ACT is being ignored in TYPO3version 4.2.0 and 4.2.1

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 09:22:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Bianca Geisler
<bianca.geisler at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have been using the same TS for years, but since we are using version
> 4.2, there is no ACT output in the html anymore. Every menu item is being
> outputted as NO, also the active ones.
>
> We defined a class for NO and ACT in TS setup like this:
>
> page.10.subparts.MENUEMARKER {
>        wrap = <ul id="menu" > | </ul>
>        entryLevel = 0
>        1 = TMENU
>        1 {
>                noBlur = 1
>                NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="no"> | </li>
>                ACT = 1
>                ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="act"> | </li>
>        }
>        2 < .1
>        2 {
>                wrap = <ul>|</ul>
>                NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="no"> | </li>
>                ACT = 1
>                ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="act"> | </li>
>        }
>
> The corresponding CSS for .act is to be bold.
>
> I hope I provided enough information now. Does anyone know why there is no
> ACT output anymore?

Well now it's possible to understand the problem at least :)

Assuming the missing "}" and HMENU declaration in the code above are
present in the real code, then the TS is correct, but slightly
unusual. Given how you've set things up, the submenu code should
probably look like this:

2 < .1
2 {
        wrap = <ul>|</ul>
}

...OR like this...

2 = TMENU
2 {
        noBlur = 1
        NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="no"> | </li>
        ACT = 1
        ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="act"> | </li>
}

The "entryLevel" parameter also appears to be superfluous since 0 is
the default [1].

I don't see how either of these issues could cause the reported
problem, but it would be worth checking--I've occasionally had
problems (though not version-specific ones) where the "2 < .1" syntax
does not seem to work.

Barring those very minor oddities with the TS, I can see a few
possibilities, but no obviously right candidates I'm afraid:

* Some other TS template overrides some part of the menu TS [test this
using the TS object browser]
* Some TS error (missing braces etc), possibly even in another
template causes the TS parser to 'miss' some part of the menu code
[the TS object browser also reports some TS errors, including missing
braces],
* Some extension doesn't play well with 4.2.x (or, if you've just
changed PHP versions, with PHP 5.x),
* Bug 6853 [2]--but note that this bug is nearly nine months old and
is reported only in a very specific circumstance.

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/11/
[2] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6853

--
Christopher Torgalson