[TYPO3] CSS formatting for ACT is being ignored in TYPO3version 4.2.0 and 4.2.1

Bianca Geisler bianca.geisler at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 08:36:24 CEST 2008

Hello,

We have been using the same TS for years, but since we are using version
4.2, there is no ACT output in the html anymore. Every menu item is being
outputted as NO, also the active ones.

We defined a class for NO and ACT in TS setup like this:

page.10.subparts.MENUEMARKER {
	wrap = <ul id="menu" > | </ul>
	entryLevel = 0
	1 = TMENU
	1 {
		noBlur = 1
		NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="no"> | </li>
		ACT = 1
		ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="act"> | </li>
	}
	2 < .1
	2 {
		wrap = <ul>|</ul>
		NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="no"> | </li>
		ACT = 1
		ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="act"> | </li>
	}

The corresponding CSS for .act is to be bold.

I hope I provided enough information now. Does anyone know why there is no
ACT output anymore?

Bianca

----------

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 21:01 PM, Christopher Torgalson
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Bianca Geisler
<bianca.geisler at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Since I've been using TYPO3 version 4.2.0 and now 4.2.1, there is no
> difference between ACT and NO on my websites anymore. I defined ACT in CSS
> to be bold and it worked until I updated to TYPO3 version 4.2.0. Does
anyone
> else know this problem and have a clue how to solve it?

Sorry, but this is an unanswerable question. There is simply no way to
answer it because you've provided NO information of any kind that can
be used to diagnose the problem. In a case like this, all anyone can
do is repeat the obvious: the *only* thing TYPO3 does is output html,
so look for the source of your problem in the html code produced by
TYPO3.

Now if you were, for example, to discover that the html corresponding
to the ACT state of your menu was not what you'd expected, *and* if
you were also to provide samples of what the output was, and what it
was expected to be, along with a small, relevant bit of Typoscript,
then it might be possible to help.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/