[TYPO3] locale_all does not localize [solved]

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Jul 20 01:35:26 CEST 2008

> I'm facing a problem with localizing dates.
>
> I set config.locale_all = fr_CH
>
> and I do not get anything but English output (for instance for the last
> modification date)
 >
> [...]
 >
> Something odd: the syntax in TYPO3 is those from date() ?!?

My last update code was formatting the output with parameter date
instead of strftime (as found on nearly all websites telling how to show
last update). And parameter date uses function date() while parameter
strftime uses function... strftime()! which localize the output.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en