[TYPO3] locale_all does not localize

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jul 18 16:53:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with localizing dates.

I set config.locale_all = fr_CH

and I do not get anything but English output (for instance for the last
modification date)

Using pure PHP, I tested localization and it works if I use strftime()
but not with date(). They use another syntax but it seems that syntax in
use with TYPO3 corresponds to argument of function date(), not strftime().

The question is what should I do to get localized dates?

For those of you who want more details, here is my output of locale -a:

de_CH
de_CH.utf8
en_GB
en_GB.utf8
en_US.utf8
fr_CH
fr_CH.utf8
it_CH
it_CH.utf8
POSIX

I tested with config.locale_all = fr_CH.utf8 but result is the same.

Something odd: the syntax in TYPO3 is those from date() ?!?

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html