[TYPO3] Breadcrumb as hierarchical <ul>

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:19:35 CEST 2008

on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:49:16 +0200, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> bernd wilke wrote:
>> on Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:35:03 +0200, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
[...]
>> that might be done like other hierarchical UL-LI-menus. it depends on
>> the correct wrapping.

This was the most important sentence: the correct wrapping.

>> temp.menu = HMENU
>> temp.menu {
>> 	wrap = <div> | </div>
>> 	entryLevel = 1
>> 	1 = TMENU
>> 	1 {
>> 		wrap = <ul>| </ul>
>> 		NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
>> 		ACT < .NO
>> 		ACT = 1
>> 	}
>> 	2 < .1
>> 	3 < .1
>> 	4 < .1
>> 	5 < .1
>> }
>
> This generates the whole page tree, not only the rootline.

indeed this is a normal menu, it only should show you a clean wrapping in
a normal menu. It is done with 'wrap' and 'wrapItemAndSub'.
If you just try to solve it with only one kind of wrap you can't solve
the puzzle.

you might use the same two wrappings also for menus with
'special=rootline'
maybe you have to use other wraps. look in TSRef for a list of all
available wraps!

>> if this wrapping does not work with breadcrumbs you may use the normal
>> menu and define only ACT:
>> 	1 {
>> 		wrap = <ul>| </ul>
>> 		ACT < .NO
>> 		ACT = 1
>> 		ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li> | </li>
>> 		NO >
>> 	}
>
> This does not return anything, ACT seems not to be supported.

this is just a stub.

> I think I'll simply code it myself using a USER func. I did once to get
> a rootline to an arbitrary page. I do not think it is possible to do it
> using pure TS as this is not a standard menu.

TYPO3 configuring by using typoscript is unusual for programmers and a
lot of problems seem to have no solution, but I state you: these are the
parts where you can learn typoscript - and it is worth the effort.

bernd