[TYPO3] how to use getSingleField_typeSelect?

Grégory Duchesnes g.duchesnes at free.fr
Tue Jul 15 16:35:15 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a little wizard and have difficulities, let's
begin by what it should do :

- add a little icon next to the page title field that opens my wizard
in a pop-up (this is ok)
- display a double sided selector box in which i can choose any number
of be_users from the right column (this doesn't work)
- display a little text field to leave a comment (ok)
- send a mail to the selected be_users pointing to the front-end page

As you can understand, the aim of this wizard is to enable a backend
user to some other backend users that a page as been changed or
created in a non automatic maner (to avoid to many mails).

I then created an little extension for that and here is what i did
(only a code extract from the class) :

	function getFormHTML($row)	{
		global $LANG;

		$tce = t3lib_div::makeInstance('t3lib_TCEforms');

		$conf = array(
			'itemFormElName' => 'tx_flbpreview[be_users]', // not quite sure
about what to put here
			'itemFormElValue' => '',
			'fieldChangeFunc' => array(''),
			'fieldConf' => array(
				'config' => array(
					'forein_table' => 'be_users',
					'foreign_table_where' => 'ORDER BY username',
					'type' => 'select',
					'size' => 6,
					'minitems' => 1,
					'maxitems' => 999
				)
			)
		);

		$content .=
			$tce->getSingleField_typeSelect('be_users','username',array(),$conf);

		return $content;

	}

The problem is that the form is created correctly but not populated by
any data (on the right hand side), Anyone can point me in the right
direction?

Thx,
Duch