[TYPO3] Last updated on a page

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Sat Jan 26 14:18:57 CET 2008

Nino Katic wrote:
> Yes, i saw that field in table pages but i guess it gets updated only when
> you do some changes on a page.. ie. you add/delete some content on a page or
> edit page preferences. This is not very usefull because content is usually
> updated not the page itself. Further, i have tt_news plugin on a page that
> displays news records from sys folder. When someome adds/deletes/updates
> news record in sysfolder last update should also change. I'm not sure if
> this can be done? Thx.

Hi Nino,

Just last week I noticed that the method we use currently does not work
as we expect.

We use the following PAGE TSConfig on the news folder:
TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = [comma seperated lsit of page id's to clear]

This will clear the cache of the pages on which the news plugin exists
so that visitors will see a fresh page with the new news article.

The lastupdate value does not change when clearing the cache!

This is bad is more than one way:

- lastupdated does not work
- pages sends erroneous headers to browser (because page has changed but
the browser is told that it has not)

The command does what it says. It clear the cache of the given pages. So
I'm not actually sure if this is a real bug. Maybe we need an addition
set op PAGE TSConfig commands like:

TCEMAIN.touchPage = [comma seperated lsit of page id's to touch]

But this might just complicate things.

Clearly, bug or not, the clearCacheCmd does not work. So how can we
'touch' the page when we modify a record of a plugin on the page?

Further more I noticed that even if TYPO3 tells the visitor that the
lastupdate was a while ago, TYPO3 still sends a 200 instead of a 304.

I need to read up some more and do some closer inspection on that one.
What I would expect it that TYPO3 sends a 304 directly if:

TYPO3 "Last updated" <= Visitor "If modified since"

Currently this is not the case.

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/