[TYPO3] Unique page titles? (CoolURI | RealURL)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jan 14 21:12:34 CET 2008

Sascha Mantscheff wrote: on 13.01.2008 00:47:

> For SEO purposes I'd like to enforce unique page titles throughout my
> site. Do you know of an extension or a configuration option which helps
> with that?
> I could just add a unique index to the pages table. But this approach
> would require a varchar field instead of a blob, and it would not
> consider hidden and deleted page records which should not be taken into
> account by the unique title requirement.

To make TYPO3 enforce that, you need to tweak the TCA that configures
the pages "title" field:

$TCA['pages']['columns']['title']['config']['eval'] = 'required,unique';

e.g. in typo3conf/extTables.php

That would enforce the uniqueness by appending numbers to "non-unique"
page titles.

Like Dmitry, I don't see how this relates to realurl / cooluri or how
this can be of any use for SEO purposes, but maybe that hint helps in
your task.

Cheers,
Ernesto