[TYPO3] Unique page titles? (CoolURI | RealURL)

Sascha Mantscheff sascha at mantscheff.net
Sun Jan 13 23:50:53 CET 2008

Jan Bednarik schrieb:
> You can't cofigure CoolUri to do such task.
>
> You could manually set UNIQUE constraint in the database on the title
> field and then it will give you MySQL error when someone will try to
> input already existing page title.

Thanks for the hint. I don't want to use CoolUri for enforcing
uniqueness, but for displaying the unique titles, and for this it is -
who would know better than you - perfectly suited.
And alas, no, I cannot set a UNIQUE index on the page title field since
the database stores deleted records, too. I could not even set a unique
index on (title, deleted) because then it would become impossible to
delete a page if another page with the same name is already deleted.
And my editors would deem it mighty unprofessional to be confronted with
MySQL error messages which they should never see in the first place.
This would be nearly as bad as the silent input tweaking which Typo3
does with not-unique values in the alias field.
So I assume I'll have to write my own extension for that.