[TYPO3] Name of days

Allan Jacobsen allan.j at cobsen.dk
Mon Jan 14 09:41:54 CET 2008

On Man, Januar 14, 2008 00:21, Styrmir Magnússon wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>

>> Styrmir Magnússon wrote:
>>
>>> Where does TYPO3 get names of days from, I thought they where in some
>>>  locallang.xml file but I cant find it anywhere.
>>
>> Most likely from PHP?
>>

> So how can I translate them to my language, see they are translated but
> the abbreviation for Wednesday is wed and on my site/language it is
> miðvikudagur and abbr is mið but it only shows mi? and in some view this
> day is not showed at all. So I was wondering if I could fix it with
> translating it again, maybe the other translation went wrong.

Hi Styrmir

PHP gets the names from the server locale, so most likely there is a
problem on the server.
If you have console access you can try to write "date" on the console,
hopefully it will write the correct Islandic names.

In short, you should talk to the server administrator.

The question of the 3 letter of wednesday is most likely that you use
UTF-8 and the extension showing the day name does not use multibyte string
functions, ie. the third letter is cut in half by some php substring
function.

Best regards
Allan Jacobsen