[TYPO3] TSFE.constants in Typo3 ver. 4.1.5

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:31:10 CET 2008

Hi,

On Jan 6, 2008 8:13 PM, Anders Kongsted <typo3 at kongsted.dk> wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> I have the code from here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsconfig/4.0.0/view/1/3/#id2800466
>
> If I read the description for "constants", I can't see your point in our
> second reply? Or i'm I wrong? If so, please send a link, where I can
> read some more... :)

Right. I haven't read that bit of the TSconfig doc for a long while as
you can probably tell. In any case, a few minutes' testing leads me to
suspect that your problem might be with your GMENU--that is, if your
constants are set up as you've described. Either way, you need to
check your code over in detail--what you've given here does seem to be
right.

This TS code in the template (borrowed from the TS by Example manual):

page.1000 = HMENU
page.1000.1 = GMENU
page.1000.1.NO {
  XY = [10.w],[10.h]
  backColor = {$websiteConfig.id}
  10 = TEXT
  10.text.field = title
  10.offset = 0,7
}

And this code in the TSconfig field of the root page record:

TSFE.constants.websiteConfig.id = #ff9900

Yields the expected result: a GMENU with a garish orange background :-)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/