[TYPO3] newloginbox TYPO3 core integration

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Jan 6 14:53:20 CET 2008

Hi,

> 	Both are very nice extensions but they serve different purposes.  I
> have not read that newloginbox is going to the core but I doubt the
> entire extension is being placed there.  Keeping a lean and feature
> rich
> core is important to TYPO3 (at least that is the hope ;) ) and
> sr_feuser_register does not provide functionality that is required by
> all implementations of T3 thus it should stay as an extension.
> Newloginbox, on the other hand, can be important for editors of a
> website and not just users of a website.

As Johny says, those two extensions serve different purposes:

- newloginbox is about providing a login form and calling the
appropriate authentication services to identify a user
- sr_feuser_register provides a mechanism allowing visitors to create
an account on the web site (very shortly summarised)

The core stays as lean as possible. The newloginbox is actually
becoming a system extension, which means it is not in the core
itself, but is managed by the core team and is distributed with the
source code.

Cheers

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements