[TYPO3] newloginbox TYPO3 core integration

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Sun Jan 6 10:43:28 CET 2008

Darko Jr. Gonzalez wrote:
> Heya
>
> I just saw the upload comment of "feuserlisting" here:
> http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/feuserlisting/0.9.0/
>
> Why newloginbox goes into core TYPO3 instead of sr_feuser_register? Just
> wondering really, because sr_feuser_register offers more and it is more
> feature-rich. Pretty much (de-facto) standardized process on many web
> frameworks works like that.
>

> Cheers,
> Darko

Darko,

	Both are very nice extensions but they serve different purposes.  I
have not read that newloginbox is going to the core but I doubt the
entire extension is being placed there.  Keeping a lean and feature rich
core is important to TYPO3 (at least that is the hope ;) ) and
sr_feuser_register does not provide functionality that is required by
all implementations of T3 thus it should stay as an extension.
Newloginbox, on the other hand, can be important for editors of a
website and not just users of a website.

Just my 2 cents.  Anyone have more about this?

Aloha