[TYPO3] [Typo3] text-based language menu (from HMENU)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 26 14:16:44 CET 2008

Hi,

>       Content has been created in default as well as alternate
> language but when I try to show the page, the content displays in
> the default language only and also I am not getting the language
> flag at the bottom of the page. Can anyone please help me out in this?

Well your language menu is not going to appear as if by magic. You
need to create it yourself. You can either do it as a special type of
HMENU or use an extension like sr_language_menu (I would recommend
the latter).

Also you need to make your whole set up is correct, as far as
language definition is concerned, translation handling, etc. If you
have not read the "Frontend Localisation Guide", you should :-)

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/
doc_l10nguide/current/

HTH

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: support at cobweb.ch
web solutions for professionnal requirements