[TYPO3] reaurl reverts to default url format after a while

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 22 15:12:04 CET 2008

Hi!

Eliott wrote:
> I am running 3.8.1 with realurl version 1.2.1. It is a fairly large
> install with about 20 domains and 600 pages.
> For the majority of the domains everything works fine, however for one
> or two tend to 'forget' the configuration that I've set in
> localconf.php. This happens about every two months with all menu links
> reverting to /1234/ url format from the specified. (linking to the
> /1234/ pages gives a 404 error.) If I clean the page cache the menus
> render just fine.

People visit your site by two domain names: with "www" and without "www" but you have only one of them configured in RealURL configuration. If RealURL does not see second domain in configuration, it will revert to "/1234" scheme. This comes in cache and next request for the same page pulls wrong path from cache.

Problem is quite typical. Update your configuration.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team