[TYPO3] getting my head around login process

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 16 08:15:03 CET 2008

Hi all

I am trying to make a few decisions about how to implement a user login, but
I just need to make sure I have my head totally around the whole process - I
wonder if someone would either confirm or deny my logic :-)

1.	User enters username and password into (any) login form (from any
extension)
2.	data is passed to something within typo3, but independent from which
login extension one uses
3.	data is verified and results in login (or failure)

Am I right? It really doesn't matter what login extension you use? Can you
use more than one extension (ie newloginbox AND macmade), or do you just
alter the layout of the one extension if you want it in two places?

Cate Deans Smith