[TYPO3] producing html 4 strict code

Henjo Hoeksma henjohoeksma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:02:34 CET 2008

On 2008-02-09 18:15:00 +0100, "Christopher Torgalson"
<bedlamhotel at gmail.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> On Feb 9, 2008 4:57 PM, Henjo Hoeksma <henjohoeksma at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been wondering around the XHTML and HTML discussions a while and
>> thought to build my next project in HTML rather than XHTML.
>>
>> I run into a question though now that I haven't been able to solve
>> without hacking some core typo3 code (which is not the nicest solution
>> of course ;-) ).
>>
>> Everything in the head will be wrapped with /> and I just like it to be
>>> (since we're talking html now...)
>>
>> Is there a way to instruct Typo3 to do this, without hacking the core classes?
>

> No. It's one of the very few areas where TYPO3 lacks significant
> flexibility in its output. Lots of old threads on the subject summary:
> (core developers unaccountably think HTML 4.01 is 'obsolete'...):
>
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2005-April/009327.html
> http://typo3.toaster-schwerin.de/typo3_dev/2006_04/msg00352.html
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2007-April/023324.html
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2007-September/024946.html

Hi Christopher,

thank you so much for your reply. It was my suspicion things are 'off'
here a little...
I hope the notes about HTML 5 being pre released will add some wood to
the fire of thoughts to make Typo3 compliant for HTML instead of
primarily XHTML.

I will take a peek at the provided links. I think most of them I have
seen already.

Henjo