[TYPO3] producing html 4 strict code

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:15:00 CET 2008

Hi,

On Feb 9, 2008 4:57 PM, Henjo Hoeksma <henjohoeksma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been wondering around the XHTML and HTML discussions a while and
> thought to build my next project in HTML rather than XHTML.
>
> I run into a question though now that I haven't been able to solve
> without hacking some core typo3 code (which is not the nicest solution
> of course ;-) ).
>
> Everything in the head will be wrapped with /> and I just like it to be
> > (since we're talking html now...)
>
> Is there a way to instruct Typo3 to do this, without hacking the core classes?

No. It's one of the very few areas where TYPO3 lacks significant
flexibility in its output. Lots of old threads on the subject summary:
(core developers unaccountably think HTML 4.01 is 'obsolete'...):

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2005-April/009327.html
http://typo3.toaster-schwerin.de/typo3_dev/2006_04/msg00352.html
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2007-April/023324.html
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2007-September/024946.html