[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea: getting French apostrophes automatically

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Feb 5 15:08:16 CET 2008

Hello,

I would like to get valid French typesetting within my website and I am wondering how I may automatically translate the straight apostrophe I type in rtehtmlarea (') as a curly apostrophe (´), namely the ’ character.

Thus the question is how I may remap characters the "same" way I may remap tags such as <b> to <strong>?

It's OK to write a user-function but I do not know where I should write it and above all how I may hook it.

I see two variants:

- remap when RTE content is saved to DB
- remap when content is read from DB and before it is sent to the browser.

Thanks
Xavier