[TYPO3-english] Crawler isseus

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed Dec 17 12:20:06 CET 2008

Jeroen Visser | ROQUIN E-Solutions wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've set up the crawler extension to index my tt_news-records. It
> indexes fine, but when searching for records some characters (displayed
> correctly on the website) are displayed as ?.
> I've also noticed that all text in front of the first special character
> has been removed.
>
> For example:
> The title "Name: ‘quote’" is displayed in the search results as ?quote?
> Everything before the : is left out. and the quotes are question marks.
>
> The records in question show up correctly in the frontend and backend
> when viewing them.
> Does anybody have a clue why this happened and how it can be fixed?

Hey Jeroen,

For some sites we are replacing Indexed Search with MnoGoSearch. We have spent a
lot of time adjusting MnoGosearch for use with TYPO3. There is no advanced
search yet, but in most cases this is not necessary at all. Big plusses are
speed, accuracy and configurability. We also use it with some municipality sites
 to index xml streams from external applications. We got very frustrated with
configuring the crawler and our clients got frustrated with searches that took
like 3 minutes and resulted in a 500 error. Latest example can be found here:
http://www.cnvo.nl

Use it you and your client will like it.

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation