[TYPO3-english] Crawler isseus

Jeroen Visser | ROQUIN E-Solutions jeroen at roquin.nl
Wed Dec 17 10:39:02 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I've set up the crawler extension to index my tt_news-records. It indexes fine, but when searching for records some characters (displayed correctly on
the website) are displayed as ?.
I've also noticed that all text in front of the first special character has been removed.

For example:
The title "Name: ‘quote’" is displayed in the search results as ?quote?
Everything before the : is left out. and the quotes are question marks.

The records in question show up correctly in the frontend and backend when viewing them.
Does anybody have a clue why this happened and how it can be fixed?

Thanks and best regards,

Jeroen Visser