[TYPO3-english] Is there a condition to check the OS of the server?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 17 10:59:55 CET 2008

Dmitry wrote:
> Christopher wrote:
>> But I think the file is included, because of the following:
>> If I copy the function to localconf.php AND use includeLibs, I get a
>> "Cannot
>> redeclare..."-error, ("previously declared in localconf.php") in FE.
>
> This is totally wrong. You must not put such things in localconf.php, this
> is against every TYPO3 practice.

In the part of TSRef about conditions and userFunc [1] it tells to put the
PHP function in "your localconf.php file" and use it with the condition
[userFunc = <function_name>(<value_to_pass>)]

Christopher noticed that localconf.php was included (declaring the
function for the first time) and after that the file in includeLibs was
also included, resulting in the cannot-redeclare error.

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.2.0/view/1/4/#id4143813

Regards,
--