[TYPO3-english] Imagemagik configuration in install tool

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:38:33 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:43 PM, J. Bakshi <joydeep at infoservices.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> From the very beginning I have followed to use imagemagik-4.2.9 as
> described in the install tool for linux servers.

<snip>

That part of that document gets more and more ridiculous as time goes
by. There is NO NEED WHATSOEVER to continue to use ImageMagick 4.2.9,
and there hasn't been for a number of years--IM 6.x was already
available in 2004, and it doesn't cause any problems with TYPO3 (and
it didn't in 2004 either).

Barring any strange future changes to the ImageMagick API, it should
be safe to use whatever version of IM is present by default on your
webserver...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/