[TYPO3-english] Populating the TipAFriend form with FeUSER details

Michael HŸügelschäŠffer huegelschaeffer at mehrwert.de
Mon Dec 8 08:46:32 CET 2008

Hi,

> How can I populate the sender's name and email address in the standard "tipafriend" form, using the details from the logged-in users details? (feuser).   I have seen how a contact form can be made using Typoscript only, but this tip-a-friend form can't be affected by that.  Any ideas/examples?

the problem is that tipafriend is template based and has no
possibilities to use TypoScript to manipulate the form fields. So you
have to either change the extension itself or make an own extension with
a xclass of tipafriend.

You may also try to build up your own "tipafriend" using the TYPO3
standard FORM element. I guess it should work, but i cannot give you a
more detailed hint right now (i'd have to try it myself).

For accessing feUser data in PHP use
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->fe_user->user['field'].
In TypoScript it works like this: TSFE:fe_user|user|field (see the tsref
properties of "getText").

Greets

Michael