[TYPO3] Realurl questions

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Aug 31 22:51:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> You have to additionnally set the PID of each domain root in
>> realurl_conf.php (parameter rootpage_id)
>
> Anybody knows why this has to be done? A simple SQL-query on sys_domains
> would return the pid...
> Would this cause problems or didn't just anybody have >150 domains where
> fetching them from DB might be nicer and nobody implemented this :)

You may easily XCLASS realurl for this purpose. The idea behind a static
configuration is (AFAIU) to prevent doing a query for each and every
request to a page. You may easily write a script to generate the mapping
between domain and PID. You don't have to rewrite the whole RealURL
array again and again for each domain (nor have you to reference it,
just create a mapping array with the domain you retrieve from the
$_SERVER variable.

I'll work +/- soon on >150 domains and I plan to do this like this.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en