[TYPO3] auto-indexing of DAM uploads by FE users

Andrew Plank plankmeister_NO at SPAM_hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:07:50 CEST 2008

> What could be the problem is the access rights to the media folder you
> have to be sure the user is allowed to write there.

D'oh! I should have thought of that!

> What I do is add a common group to all my users and set the pages
> created by default to this group. In this group I also hide the media
> sys folder with the TSCONFIG.
>
> Else you need to be sure that the user has access to the media folder in
> his db mount. I used to have the folder not inside but underneath my DB
> mount. So whether you put it inside the page or you make another DB
> mount only for the media folder (hidden by the TSCONFIG)

Did exactly that, with another addition: I had to add an access list
allowing "modify" access to the Media table.

> hops that helps.

It most certainly did! Thanks!

//Plankmeister