[TYPO3] Exclude page not working in vge_tagcloud

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Aug 27 13:28:43 CEST 2008

Hi.

Francois Suter wrote:

> So I suppose is such cases being able to re-apply the exclude.pages
> property could be useful. However this would have to be implemented
> pretty carefully so as not to cause too much overhead. In particular we
> should avoid querying the database for every keyword.

Indeed, TYPO3 is already overloaded with redundant DB queries.

> Maybe it would be better to keep a list of tables for which the pid must
> be stored (and that would probably just be pages and tt_content).

What about FE plugins where content is stored on a page level?
This list should be configurable.

However, as a temporary workaround, I have published an extension which
gives you the possibility to remove page IDs from
tx_vgetagcloud_pi2[pages]. The page IDs have to be explicitly configured
via TS setup of the extension. I am thinking about using
plugin.tx_vgetagcloud_pi1.exclude.pages instead in later versions.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sm_tagcloudcleanup/0.1.0/

--
cheers,
Steffen