[TYPO3] same locallang for different pi's

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Aug 27 11:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

> while working on a new extension with different pi's I realized that
> each pi has its own locallang.xml file. Is there a way to use only on
> locallang.xml - say from pi1 - for all pi's?

For sure! Specify

LLL:EXT:your_extension/pi1/locallang.xml

as prefix to the call to $GLOBALS['TSFE']->sL();

> Is there a standard locallang file that is accessible for all
> extensions? I mean where standard phases like "Are you sure?", "Yes",
> "No" or whatsoever can be found?

Same answer as above, put your "standard" locallang somewhere in your
directory structure, for instance at root level, in your_extension/ and
use another prefix:

LLL:EXT:your_extension/locallang.xml

Regards

--