[TYPO3] Columns titles encoding

Fearless Goblin (Victor Livakovsky) v-tyok at mail.ru
Tue Aug 26 22:36:28 CEST 2008

Hello Andreas,

> sorry, once again

> The difference between default and fallback: AFAIK you choose a BE-Language f.e.
> russian, and in all situations if there is no translation available for russian
> it falls back to english, with TYPO3 english should be available in all
> situations and all extensions.

> "default" would mean you can choose a default-BE-lang (not your normal choosen
> BE-lang f.e. russian) that will be the lang that is taken if no translation for
> your choosen lang is available (the fallback language). AFAIK you can't choose
> another fallback-language for TYPO3. If it is possible tell me. But then it will
> only make sense if the fallback-hirarchy is:

> your choosen BE-lang - your choosen "default"-lang - TYPO3-System-lang
> russian - chinese - english(english should always be the last one, for it's the
> only language which is available in every situation)

Yes. You're completely right! Because BE user may change prefered
language in his settings and it'll be "choosen BE-lang" in the
hierarchy, that you presented.
But system administrator may set up the default language for every BE
user and it may be different from english and from "choosen BE-lang".
It's 'choosen "default"-lang' in your hierarchy.
And the last point is "TYPO3-System-lang" - fallback language. It's
english and it shouldn't be changable, because, as you said, it should
be available in all situations and all extensions.

So, the problem is solved and now I know more interesting things about
TYPO.

My greatest thanks for you, Andreas! I'll never solve it only by
myself :)

I am a new member of this mailing, but I can say, that it's really
great thing! When people help you, the desire to help another people
arises up :)