[TYPO3] Content condition

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Tue Aug 26 11:45:02 CEST 2008

Tyler Kraft schrieb:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Well I'd do it like it says in TSref. Like you say the "[" and "]" can't
> be used within a condition.
>
> In TSref under Global Variable there is a part that says IMPORTANT NOTE
> and the first line there  (misspelling and all) states:
>
>     "You can use values from global arrays and objects by deviding the
> var-name with a "|" (vertical line). "
>
> So I guess I would try that ;-)
>
> [globalVar = GP:tx_spmcustomersation_pi1|customer = stoefln]
>
> Wow that worked! (I've tested this and it does work, so if it doesn't
> work for you then perhaps there is an issue somewhere else in your
> typoscript)
>
> hth
>
> Tyler

Yeah, figured it out myself a view minutes ago.
and i think thats a great example which shows what the difference
between a "complete" and a "good" documentation is.

You and i as plugin developers know that plugins treat the [] in urls
like arrays, but there are a lot of people who havent a clue how piVars
are treated by TYPO3.

Another point is the structure of the documents:
if i want to know something about "globalVar" conditions, i dont want to
read through the "globalString" section (i probably even dont know what
a "globalString" is...)

Its completely clear to me that a big complex system like TYPO3 is hard
to document in a way everybody can use it, but its not hard to find
issues on bad usabillity here.

br stef