[TYPO3] Is template switching on the fly possible?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Aug 26 02:08:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I wonder, if and how it is possible to show one and the same site with
> different templates, so that we can easy compare them.
>
> My first idea was just to install 15 times typo3, but when I think that
> this could lead at the end to 100, I am not so excited anymore.
>
> Any ideas, pointers or suggestions?

You first have to know whether you use TemplaVoilà or not. If yes, you
may create alternate layouts within the definition of templates in
TemplaVoilà. This is multiple TO with the same DS and an additional
configuration option. You have to use "make this a subtemplate of" and
choose your master template. Then you may choose a type of rendering (in
the documentation it is explained how to create new types). I created
one that is "Atom Feed" and that corresponds to type=100:

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/typoscript/xhtml-10-strict.html

vs

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/typoscript/xhtml-10-strict.html?type=100

If you choose not to use TemplaVoilà, then you may easily load another
template file with a condition, see
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/4/1/

HTH

--