[TYPO3] tt_news archive view

Jill E jillande at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:29:49 CEST 2008

Greetings,

I have configured tt_news plugins so that all views are in one page.  Using
RealURL and TS Template, the display of the page changes for each SINGLE and
LIST and AMENU views as page parameters (URL) are updated.

My question -- is there is a way with TS to display a message in the page
that indicates the date range currently displayed (in the archive).

For example, if I visit the <site>/news/ page (with no extra parameters),
unarchived articles are displayed.
If I click on "August 2008: 3 items" link from the AMENU, I arrive at
<site>/news/archive/2008/august/ and the LIST is updated to hide unarchived
articles and display only articles from August 2008 that are archived.  I
would like to include a message like "August 2008 Archive" to help visitors
understand that the list has changed to display something different.
Alternatively, might it be possible for the currently-selected range in the
AMENU have a class so that I can style it to look like it is active?

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Jill Anderson