[TYPO3] cooluri & language detection

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Thu Aug 21 20:47:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I am trying to using cooluri with rlmp_language_detection. All works
> fine except the first call of the startpage in the default language. The
> language detection tries to forward to /index.php?id=xy&L=0 and the

why the L=0? Why not just id=XY?

> .htaccess will rewrite to site.html. So the call ends with an error.

why .htaccess? Why not redirect directly to site.html? Or you could use
CoolUri to do so by "redirectOldLinksToNew"

What error? Page 404? Is "site.html" in the link cache? Why don't you
redirect to root?

>       <value key="de">0</value>

This means L == 0 -> put /de into a URL.

> So is it possible to remove the default language part from Url or are
> there other ways to make a language detection wich works better?

Use empty "key" attribute.

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech