[TYPO3] indexed_search on part of site

Jesper Goos jesper at goos.dk
Thu Aug 21 08:38:48 CEST 2008

Hi

I have a problem with indexed_search, as I would like it to search in
some specific pages only.

I have investigated the following:

1) search.rootPidList - does not work, as I can not set the top page as
root, as that would ruin the navigation. I guess this is for the case
when you have several websites in one TYPO3 installation.

2) search by levels/section with something like this:
plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.sections = rl4_130 - where 4 is
the level and 130 is the page id.
- does not work, as the indexed_search only supports two levels.

3) In earlier versions if indexed_search there was a "Startingpoint"
section - is gone ;-(

4) I guess it is possible with the crawer extension to setup a
configuration that support searching only in a specific area - but that
seems very cumbersome for such a simple thing. If you know of a simple
way to set this up please let me know...

All I want to do is specify my search to only search in a specific area
of the website either by some startingpoint or list of page id's.

Thanx a lot
Jesper Goos