[TYPO3] Problem with GraphicsMagick

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Thu Aug 14 12:35:53 CEST 2008

Hi

I have tried to install graphicsmagick on a redhat webserver but it
doesn't work at all.

I have another server where it works great and I have copied the install
tool image settings so I think its the installation I didn't do right.

This is what I did to install gm on the server:

1. I fetched the newest tar.gz of gm on www.graphicsmagick.org(version
1.2.5)

2. untared the tarball into graphicsmagick1.2.5 folder and went into the
folder.

3. used the command: ./configure --without-perl

4. then make and make install

5. Now I have this in a folder /usr/local/bin:

gm
GraphicsMagick-config
GraphicsMagick++-config
GraphicsMagickWand-config

6. Here is the Install tool image processing configuration:

GraphicsMagick enabled: 1
GraphicsMagick path: /usr/local/bin/ (1.2.5)
GraphicsMagick path/LZW: /usr/local/bin/ ()
Version 5/GraphicsMagick flag: gm

GDLib enabled: 1
GDLib using PNG: 1
GDLib 2 enabled: 1
IM5 effects enabled: -1 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
Freetype DPI: 96 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
Mask invert: 0 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)

File Formats: gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai

Yet most of the image tests fails, even reading jpg, pdf files.

All that show a result is shown with the message:
File size is very different from reference

Any hints? Can it be some php.ini settings?

/Brian