[TYPO3] MySQL 5.1 error

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Wed Aug 13 20:29:02 CEST 2008

Hello all,

We recently upgrade our database servers from MySQL 5.0 to MySQL 5.1 and
now I cannot log in to Typo3. It is still fetching content from the
database however, it just seems the logging in feature is having
trouble. Passwords are validated through LDAP but even the admin
password which is not handled through LDAP does not work.

I looked through the mailing list and found setting
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] fixed problems from upgrading from
MySQL 4.x to 5.0. I tried the following settings:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8; SET SESSION
sql_mode=MYSQL4';

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8; SET SESSION
sql_mode=MYSQL5';

But neither fixed the problem. Any thoughts?