[TYPO3] Fee for GPL and

Sancar Saran sancar.saran at evodot.com
Tue Aug 12 12:31:42 CEST 2008

Hi again,

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 08:57:57 Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi!
>
> >> Not non-sense. Ever heard that encoded code runs faster? :)
> >
> > No, You have to install Zend Optimizer to run encoded files. Zend
> > Optimizer provides some opcode cace. And It can also runs faster your non
> > encoded php files.
>
> Yes. But that was not the point of thinking about file encoding, it was
> more to be able to integrate a licensing model with a single source code
> as in AOP.
>
> > And according to my tests. Zend Optimizer gives you %40 of APC. And my
> > experiences using Zend Guard alway problematic...
>
> Off-topic but interesting though that is has always been problematic for
> you! I never tried it and will think twice if I ever think I would need
> it (but I don't think so).

Well, deployment is problem. You cannot use Zend Optimizer and APC
together. %60 performance loss is another problem.

To prevent this you have to purchase all zend package.

The another problem is. Zend Guard provides 3 level of security, first 2 can
reverse engineered and 3 level encoding does not encode some of your
functions.

Regards