[TYPO3] Fee for GPL and

Sancar Saran sancar.saran at evodot.com
Mon Aug 11 13:26:15 CEST 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008 13:59:21 Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sancar Saran wrote:
> > If you use GPL licence or used GPL licenced Library (for example any
> > TYPO3 extension). Your source code must acessible over internet.
>
> No, you don't. You can but you do not have to.

Yes you have to. Like red hat. Thats why we had cent os. They are modified and
compiled version of redhat enterprise sources which accessible from internet.

Becuse you may say. Yes We use GPL licence and we provide soruce code with
5.,25 single side (360k total cap) floppy disks.

> > Using zend encoder or similar stuff direct violation of GPL Licence.
>
> Again, it is does not. You must provide sources to the customer along with
> encoded files. But he is not required to release them to public.

Providing encoded and non necoded versions of same code was non sense and you
are right. Let say someting like this.

You have to provide source code otherwise you violate GPL Licence. If your
source code contains GPL code your code automatically uses GPL licence.

> > So If you bypass GPL under TYPO3
> >
> > you have to develop an extension to include and execute your non gpl
> > code.
> >
> > You non gpl code, does not contain any TYPO3 function, methot, etc.
>
> This is not possible. Any extension uses TYPO3 API, so it is required to be
> GPL or compatible with GPL.
I think my english shotage leads mis understandings.

TYPO3 extension was GPL and your external code does not...

like this.
--- CODE
require_once(PATH_tslib.'class.tslib_pibase.php');
class tx_nongplinjector extends tslib_pibase {
	var $prefixId      = 'tx_nongplinjector';		//--- Same as class name
	var $scriptRelPath = 'class.tx_nongplinjector.php';	//--- Path to this script
relative to the extension dir.
	var $extKey        = 'nongplinjector';			//--- The extension key.
	#var $pi_checkCHash = TRUE;

	/**
	 * The main method of the PlugIn
	 *
	 * @param	string		$content: The PlugIn content
	 * @param	array		$conf: The PlugIn configuration
	 * @return			The content that is displayed on the website
	 */
	function main($content,$conf)	{
		ob_start();
		if(is_file($conf['non_gpl_code_file'])) {
			require($conf['non_gpl_code_file'])
		}
		$content = ob_get_clean();
		return $content;
	}
}
--- CODE END

This code was gpl and you can include non gpl code with it.

Regards

Sancar