[TYPO3] system update - what would you recommend

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Mon Aug 11 09:35:37 CEST 2008

Dear TYPO3 and server professionals,

My virtual server system is now
- php 5.1.6
- mysql 5.0.27

And as you know one must update to php 5.2 in order to update from 4.1.x
to TYPO3 4.2.

I have many production sites in the server and now my big wonder (and
scare) is, if I order from my provider the php update 5.1.6 -> 5.2 and
mysql 5.0.27 -> 5.0.54, what happens (if anything).

I guess the worst that could happen is that some extensions wouldn't
work...?

Any input to this subject or idea what would be the best approach very
much appreciated, thank you!

- Katja