[TYPO3] Exclude page not working in vge_tagcloud

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Wed Aug 6 17:40:36 CEST 2008

Hi Francois,

thanks for your answer.

On 31.07.2008 16:30 Francois Suter wrote:

> This will work absolutely fine with pages and content elements. Now you
> query pages and news items. The sysFolder containing your news is indeed
> filtered out of the pages query, but is the one and only pid collected
> with the tt_news query.
>
> So you can't use the pi2 plugin in this case. It will work only for
> items which have a pid that makes sense. In the case of tt_news items,
> the pid is just their storage place.

I see. pids related can be filtered by exclude.pages.doktype _before_
being processed, not afterwards. So my interpretation of this option was
wrong.
However, a TS filter afterwards could be very handy for using the data
with pi2. Of course this is only MHO. The question for me now is: Should
I write a more or less public usable extension which uses the hook - or
write a patch, which has chances to get integrated in vge_tagcloud ;-)

> Your work around may be the only solution or else don't use the pi2
> plugin, but some other plugin that makes more sense in this case, like
> indexed search.

indexed_search in the recent version is not an option for me.

--
cheers,
Steffen