[TYPO3] wfqbe insert subrecord

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Tue Aug 5 11:18:00 CEST 2008

Mauro Lorenzutti wrote:
> Hi Pascal,
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I am using wfqbe for fe 'management'of a small database.
>> A very powerfull extension but there's one thing I just don't seem to
>> get working.
>> I have two main tables: 'issues' and 'notes' in which the 'notes'
>> table has a reference to the 'issue' table.
>>
>> In the FE two main views (pages): 'issue list' and 'issue details'.
>> The second pages contains 2 DB queries: one to display the details of
>> the selected 'issue' and one to list all related 'notes'.
>> So far, so good.
>>
>> Now I want to let the FEuser create a new 'notes' record (preferably
>> on the same page) in which the 'issue' field needs to be filled with
>> the selected issue (from the qs: &tx_wfqbe_pi1[uid]=3)
>> Does anybody how can this be done, I cannot find anything in the
>> manual but I am sure it should be possible somehow.
>> If I place a new insert query on the page, the first two queries fail
>> beacuse the issue-id is not provided anymore. even if I put it in the
>> 'Redirect parameters': '&tx_wfqbe_pi1[uid]=###WFQBE_UID###\'
>> ---
>>   Query failed (uid=2)
>>   Query failed (uid=3)
>> ---
>>

> which wfqbe version are you using? In the last one, I think I solved
> this problem...
>
> In the past (before solving this problem) I used a workaround: I
> prepared the insert form for the 'issues' record and, after insert, I
> redirected the user to a page where I provide an insert form for the
> 'notes' record. Otherwise, you can redirect the users to the 'issues'
> details page (where will be shown the just inserted one) and provide a
> 'new note' link to the 'notes' insert form.
>
>> On a further note: how do you wfqbe-users, fill the pid without
>> resorting to hardcoding?
>
> no way, it has to be filled in a hidden field :-(
>
> Regards,

Hi Mauro,

thanks for replying!
I am using the latest (repository) version  1.1.2, so I guess I must be making a
configuration/setup mistake here. Or could some caching be misleading me?
Where should I fill in the ###WFQBE_UID### marker to 'catch' the id from the QS?
My guess would be in the query record or should I use a different marker?

If it would be of any help, I'll be glad to send to screenshots (the
installation is a local one)

Thanks,
Pascal