[TYPO3] wfqbe insert subrecord

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Tue Aug 5 10:16:43 CEST 2008

Hi Pascal,
> Hi list,
>
> I am using wfqbe for fe 'management'of a small database.
> A very powerfull extension but there's one thing I just don't seem to get working.
> I have two main tables: 'issues' and 'notes' in which the 'notes' table has a
> reference to the 'issue' table.
>
> In the FE two main views (pages): 'issue list' and 'issue details'.
> The second pages contains 2 DB queries: one to display the details of the
> selected 'issue' and one to list all related 'notes'.
> So far, so good.
>
> Now I want to let the FEuser create a new 'notes' record (preferably on the same
> page) in which the 'issue' field needs to be filled with the selected issue
> (from the qs: &tx_wfqbe_pi1[uid]=3)
> Does anybody how can this be done, I cannot find anything in the manual but I am
> sure it should be possible somehow.
> If I place a new insert query on the page, the first two queries fail beacuse
> the issue-id is not provided anymore. even if I put it in the 'Redirect
> parameters': '&tx_wfqbe_pi1[uid]=###WFQBE_UID###\'
> ---
>   Query failed (uid=2)
>   Query failed (uid=3)
> ---

which wfqbe version are you using? In the last one, I think I solved
this problem...

In the past (before solving this problem) I used a workaround: I
prepared the insert form for the 'issues' record and, after insert, I
redirected the user to a page where I provide an insert form for the
'notes' record. Otherwise, you can redirect the users to the 'issues'
details page (where will be shown the just inserted one) and provide a
'new note' link to the 'notes' insert form.

> On a further note: how do you wfqbe-users, fill the pid without resorting to
> hardcoding?

no way, it has to be filled in a hidden field :-(

Regards,

--
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com