[TYPO3] Multilanguage One-tree configuration

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Aug 4 17:50:27 CEST 2008

Hi Alexandra,

> I added this to the root´s TS :
>
> mod.SHARED.defaultLanguageLabel = Español
> mod.SHARED.defaultLanguageFlag = /typo3/gfx/flags/es.gif

This mod.SHARED goes to pageTS but has nothing to do with your problem.

> config.linkVars = L
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = es
> config.locale_all = spanish
>
> [globalVar = GP:L = 0]
> config.sys_language_uid = 0
> config.language = es
> config.locale_all = spanish

You do not need to define this twice

> [globalVar=GP:L=2]
> config.sys_language_uid = 2
> config.language = en
> config.locale_all = english

Why don't you have sys_language_uid = 1? Did you make an error when
creating language records?

> It displays everything in the editor ( spanish and english columns and
> translation edition possibilities) , but I can´t make it work, Typo isn´t
> displaying the translation in the pages, although it´s displaying this  "
> index.php?id=1173&L=2"  at the end of the web address.

This seems OK though.

I suggest you read the Frontend Localization Guide:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_l10nguide/1.0.0/view/

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html