[TYPO3] tt_news and wec_knowledgebase: starting point not working

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Tue Apr 29 13:47:10 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have installed the latest versions of both tt_news and
wec_knowledgebase (on seperate pages) in a Typo3 4.1.6 installation.

Each page has it's own subpage (sysfolder) with records and the plugins
have their Starting Points set to their respective sysfolder.

However: on both the news page and the knowledge base (KB) page (FE), I
see all the records from both sysfolders. So the news plugin shows
records from both the news and the KB sysfolder, as does the KB plugin.

Also when I assign categories to the news items and set the plugin to
show only the records from specific categories, then no records are
displayed at all.

Btw, the categories are in the KB sysfolder. But the news records in the
tt_news sysfolder have these categories available as well. It looks like
the Starting Point setting is ignored and both plugins look for news
records all over the pagetree. Allthough this doesn't explain why no
records are shown at all if I select a specific category to show.

If I uninstall KB, but leave it's sysfolder intact. The tt_news plugin
still shows all the records from both sysfolders.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Walrick
webmaster globalhealingcircle.net